Friday, August 13, 2010

Lauren over Kent #SYTYCD

I loved all (3) contests on finale of So You Think You Can Dance.  My favorite was Robert and I voted for him 30 times, knowing that I didn't have much of a chance.  No surprise, he came in 3rd.  The big surprise, at least for me, is that Lauren beat Kent!  I know, they were all great, so I shouldn't be upset, they all deserved it, but still, I got a little upset. 

Sometimes I wonder if SYTYCD fixes some years so that a female will win (like Jeannine who also came out of left field to win).  I hate conspiracy theories, but most of the people that vote on this show are young women who typically vote for hot dudes.  Perhaps Kent and Robert split them so Lauren squeaked through, who knows.  I'll drop this because it doesn't matter.  Here is what matters from this show:

1. Great Routines!  Holy crap, the judges favorites were amazing.  Killer routines and many of them were danced better second time around!  This doesn't often happen, but I loved it!

2. The All Stars were just amazing.  Seeing Mark, Neil, Lauren, Pasha, and the others just made me happy.  Each week I was just so excited to my favorites hit the stage.  Even more though, it was amazing to see the contestants rising to their level.  It is so true that you get better when you work with people better than you.  It was great!

3. The Neil and Kent "Backstabber" routine was one of my favorite dances ever.  Two dudes, looked like it was a break up, and it was just danced so well, so much emotion, so much pain.  It has me speaking in incomplete sentences!  I was so glad to see it Wednesday and then it's picked as a judge favoirte for Thursday.  SWWWEEEET!

4. This finale was one of the best ever.  I actually watched the whole show, not just the end. 

No comments: