Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I Need a Bigger Couch

My wife was pretty ill yesterday with a cold or flu or something.  She currently sounds like Kirsty Alley if Kirsty Alley had a cold.  This morning I asked her "how was it working with Ted Danson on the the set of 'Cheers'?"  She responded quickly, "He was an asshole.  He was all hands!"  Because of the aforementioned cold/flu thing, I stayed home from work with her yesterday.  Her body ached and she didn't want to get out of bed so I stayed home and helped her out. 

Most of this home time was spent on the couch watching TV.  We have a normal 3-cushion couch, nothing fancy, but it's not undersized.  Well, not undersized until you get (2) grown adult humans trying to lay on it and throw in (2) couch hogging full grown cats.  Yes, those cats love to stretch out exactly where you are planning to sit.  They also will not move as you are sitting. They won't move if you try to shove them out of the way.  They are like rocks.  Rocks that purr.  I guess any touching is petting to these cats, even if that touching comes from your buttocks!

So, we've talked about getting a bigger couch, but I'm not sure that will do anything, really.  I think the cats will continue to lay where they expect us to sit, just to keep getting petted.  My cats run my house, I just have to accept it.  Heck, I'm honestly sixth in command, behind the wife and kid too! 

No comments: